Step 7: Assigning your leads
As leads start to appear in your GatorLeads lead table, you will probably want to assign them to members of your sales team.
You can do this in one of two ways:
- In the lead table, under the Assign To column
- Once you drill down into the company view
Below is one of our Whatfix flows, walking you through assigning your Leads.
Please maximise the video screen to see the full flow.
Once you’ve clicked ‘Assign Lead’, you’ll be redirected to a page like this:
From there, you can:
- Select what type of lead they are (customer/competitor/supplier/partner).
- Select their lead status. Are they an open opportunity, in the sales process, a won deal, a lost deal, not a sales opportunity so you need to qualify them out, or just ignore them.
- Assign which member of the sales team or “GatorLeads user” you want to assign the lead to.
- Copy in the other admin users so they also get the email that lets them know who the lead is assigned to and any other updates they need to keep an eye on.
- Create a watch, so the person assigned to the lead will get an email whenever this lead goes on the website.
- Add any other notes about the lead that you need to have on hand.
Then simply click Save Changes. The sales team member (and possibly other admin users) will then receive an email telling them that the lead is assigned to them and any other information they need to know.